Time to put in your two cents!
Our main couple - Li Yi Tong and William Yang Xu Wen - was caught on a dinner date. They were celebrating his birthday together. From my stalkery, they are very close friends. I really wouldn't mind either way.
Final moments between Guo Jing and Genghis Khan, where the latter laments his age, having missed the condor for the first time in years. Yet, Guo Jing still calls him a hero, but in the years of war, he asks whether the leader is aware of the piling white bones all over their land. "How many tears orphans and widows have dropped?" Genghis Khan is shocked but Guo Jing continues, a hero is not one who fights left and right, he is someone who cares about his people and his country. A man with a compassionate heart, who is respected when he's alive, and remembered when he passes away. Genghis Khan takes in his surrounding and asks, "Hero, what is a hero? What kind of person becomes a hero his people respect?"
Final moments between our OTP. They also discuss about heroism and Huang Rong says that a hero saves his people from the ire of fire and suffering. Guo Jing then regrets that he couldn't take Huang Rong and escape the wars of jianghu but to her, as long as she's beside him, she doesn't have any other wishes. She promises to listen to him going forward (heh) and wonders where they're headed. Guo Jing is very optimistic, even if they can't defend the whole country, they can at least do their part and protect the wall of Xiangyang (now Xiangzhou District).
Ripped some fanmade Mvs. 🙂
General Questions You Might Want to Ponder About In Your Review:
1. Did the drama do a good adaptation of the Novel?
2. Did Yang Xu Wen and Li Yi Tong portray Guo Jing and Huang Rong with their own take?
3. What is your favorite thing about the adaptation? Naturally, Least favorite thing?
4. With the rating never breaking 1 on Dragon TV, do you think Wuxia themed-series are no longer appreciated?
6. Would you recommend this version over previous adaptations? How would you rank them all (1983, 1994, 2003, 2008)?