These two American Tv Shows (along with The Big Bang Theory) are the only shows that I follow from week to week. If only an Asian drama could get me this excited on a weekly basis (still waiting for my crack.) These two shows are not without faults, but I enjoy them immensely despite one being cheesy (The Flash) and the other being dysfunctional (The Originals). What does that tell you? I love cheesy and crazy relationships! 😀
Will be adding my thoughts to the comment section as new episodes air so join me with your opinions!
As always, you can find these discussion posts on the upright tab according to the year.
The Flash: an American television series developed by writer/producers Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, airing on The CW. It is based on the DC Comics character Barry Allen / Flash, a costumed superhero crime-fighter with the power to move at superhuman speeds, who was created by Robert Kanigher, John Broome and Carmine Infantino. [Wiki]
Episode 12 Thoughts:
- The title of the episode says it all: Crazy For You. I love all the character bonding moments on this show!
- Barry and Caitlin going to a bar in an attempt to move on from their lost/unrequited love. In the aftermath, Barry used his power to get rid of the evil black dress and stayed with drunk Caitlin until she fell asleep. SO CUTE. These two have amazing chemistry together, I already ship them together ever since that hug. How could anyone not FALL for Barry for the sweetest things he does. You can’t blame Caitlin, really.
- Badass Cisco released Hartley out of prison and showed us that he has some moves on him. That body slam was AMAZEBALLS. I love this storyline, setting up Cisco as Hartley’s nemesis when these two will have similar powers in the future. And of course, his line: “How can you speak six languages and sound like a d*** in every one of them?” LOL.
- Caitlin telling Cisco he did the right thing. Aww. I love their friendship and how they always care for one another.
- Joe’s tipping off the guards so Barry could see and touch his falsely imprisoned father for the first time in years. 🙁
- Grant Gustin has amazing chemistry with the veteran actors. His moment with his dad got a tear out of me. Without saying it explicitly, HE KNOWS HE’S THE FLASH and he couldn’t bear not saying anything so he said the simplest thing: “Well, if The Flash were my son, I’d tell him a few things. First off, I’d tell him it’s a dangerous world, so be careful. Then I’d tell him he’s a hero. And he’s saving a lot of lives. But the most important thing for him to know, I feel, is that his father’s proud of him.” Oh. The feels.
- That last scene with the super intelligent Gorilla named Grodd was amazingly done. Like a scene out of a horror movie!
The Originals: A spin-off from The Vampire Diaries which centers around the Mikaelson siblings, Klaus (Joseph Morgan), Elijah (Daniel Gillies), and Rebekah (Claire Holt). The backdoor pilot, which aired on April 25, 2013, also revealed that the werewolf Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) is pregnant with Klaus’ child and would therefore join the cast. The show begins with the original siblings returning to the city of New Orleans for the first time since 1919. Having originally built the city, they had been forced to flee from their vengeful father. In their absence, Klaus’ protégé, Marcel (Charles Michael Davis), took charge of the city. Klaus resolves that they must take down Marcel and get back the city that once belonged to them. While doing that they must also protect everything that they have built from the war brewing between the vampires, werewolves and the witches. [Wiki]
Episode 12 Thoughts:
- Freya made her appearance! And she’s frickin awesome! Love love love the fact that the sisters met first, kinda re-emphasized Rebekah’s quote: “Us Girls Sticking Together.” GO GIRLS POWER.
- Crazy Finn finally figured out what his siblings try so hard to protect – Baby Hope is alive! The new actor playing Finn is crazily good, you could really feel his passion for the crazy things he’s doing.
- Elijah had one scene this episode…. Tsk. Cami had none. YAY. Lol. I don’t know why but I just can’t connect to Cami as a character.
- Finn cursed Kol and now he only has 3 days to live out his life. That is harsh. While I don’t mind the new Kol, he has lost of spontaneity and wild side in this new body.
- The New Rebekah is doing one hell of a job to make missing Claire Holt easier. But I still prefer the original Bekah, because Claire plays Rebekah with that dash of vulnerability so well whether she’s being a badass vampire and or a freakin B****! You just can’t hate her. YOU CAN’T.
The Original airs every Mondays night, and The Flash airs every Tuesdays Night. Spazz away!