Which is basically today on Hunan Tv. It’s another novel-to-tv adaptation of the same name. If Zhao Li Ying was the breakout star of 2012-2013, then Li Qin is the latest contender to take the spotlight cause this girl has several dramas under her wings, to film and to air. The newest one, Flowers Pinellia, depicts Xia Ru Hua (Li Qin)’s life with a brotherly figure, Wei Ru Feng (Lin Shen) as the two struggle to cope after Ru Hua’s grandma’s death. Their loss is further exacerbated when Ru Hua is raped by a hooligan (Spoilers!) To seek revenge, Ru Feng dwindles down the path of temptations and emotional turmoils.
To clear confusions, these two are not siblings. He was brought up in her family.
But boy, she looks adorable with second lead, Yang Yang, too. Gosh. Did I break your heart with that line? He plays a sharp-tongued, rich lad in her university.
The big boss that Ru Fen gets involved with is played by Hong Kong actor, Michael Miu!
18-minute TRAILER: SPOILERS!
- Compared this trailer to that of Return of the Heiress, I like this one much better. The tone is mature and somewhat dreamy with a stroke of sadness bubbling in the scenes. Plus, the characters here don’t act like they’re villains in cartoons. *phew*
- Interesting tidbit: The producer is actress Li Xiang, Wang Yue Lun‘s wife, and as we all know, he’s busy trying to learn the basics of hair-tying for our little princess, Angela, on Dad, Where Are We Going. He’s lucky, and they’re rich. heh.
- The script is edited by the original writer of the novel, Jiu Ye Hui (九夜茴), so I have high hopes that she knows what she wants out of these fresh-faced actors.
- Director is Li Shao Hong, who did Hong Lou Meng 2010.
- I think we’re in good hands with this project. *crosses fingers*