The Road to Bid Farewell is filled with Flowers (一路繁花相送) is adapted from the novel of the same name written by Qing Shan Luo Ta, starring Wallace Chung, Maggie Jiang, Aaron Yan, Li Sheng, and Christopher Lee. I know the storyline is typical with youthful love that extends and lingers, reuniting the love birds ten years later, but I’m kinda speechless staring at the stills released so far. The bright colors and the oh-so-pretty cast members with respectable hair and nice clothes.
It’s sooooooooooo pretty… *_____* I could imagine all the click-and-save motion.
- A little bit about the novel that I scraped out (A lot is changed in the drama.): From words of mouth, the story isn’t anything different from your usual meet as teenagers, separated, and then reunited as adults. She’s a young, talented graphic designer, but grew up without the warmth and love from a mother (plenty from the dad and sister, though), but it’s our hero who fills in those missing holes in her heart. At age 15, she stole his first kiss. At age 17, she told him she does not want to be anyone’s responsibility. At age 25, she tells him he doesn’t have the right to stubbornly remain as an uninvited guest in her life. We then learn that our hero left to study abroad when he was 17. Feeling hurt and betrayed, she shrinks back and moves forward in life without him; refusing to wait, refusing to compromise. Though it kills her inside, she ends up ripping the piece of paper containing his US address. 7 years later, the sensitive and stubborn girl of the past has transformed into a cold woman who doesn’t trust or believe in love. She lives a carefree life and likes to travel, wearing a mask of indifference to deal with people. What happened during those 7 years? It’s the hero’s mission to find out.
- The drama is making it 10 years! Aaron Yan’s love is one-sided so prepare your heart well. Maggie’s a dance teacher in the drama.
- The trailer opens with Wallace yelling at someone in the phone for lying about Xin Chen (Maggie Jiang)’s whereabouts. Then we hear Christopher Lee’s voice (he’s playing her uncle who is really her father!) reprimanding Wallace for re-entering into his niece’s life. Then Maggie’s voice is heard, saying that he uses such a method to lure me out, “It’s not only an offense to me but also an insult to his professional career as well! I will not dance for anyone, especially not him!”
- Wallace plays a director in the drama and it looks like he’s shooting a film about them. While she doesn’t want to remember the past, he does.
- Aaron Yan appears then and confronts Wallace about never forgetting the moment where she is hit by a…car!? “What she retains now is only hatred for you.”
- Wallace hugs Maggie, “I return to tell you… the reason why I left for the states 10 years ago.” Of course, we don’t get to hear it. Lol.
- Then Christina Mo, our second female lead, says, “The reason he’s hesitating is because of you. So I beg you to leave him. Not because I want him all to myself, but for you to let him live.”
- Lol @ Aaron, “I don’t want to solve problems with you, I only want to fight!” For love. Hah.
Directed by Liu Miao Miao and written by Tang Yao and Jin Guo Dong, The Road to Bid Farewell is filled with Flowers has 50 episodes.