Ban Shu Legend is said to be the sequel to Zhao Li Ying’s Female Prime Minister since the main character played by Jing Tian is supposedly her niece who was separated from her parents as a child and grew up in the grasslands. To be accepted by her noble family, she enters the Palace, hoping to prove her ability and become an instructor at the Royal Female Academy. I can see the potential in Jing Tian, but her OTP man Zhang Zhe Han needs to rise up to the challenge if he wants to shine next to her blazing self. Lol. Real life couple, Li Sheng and Li Jia Hang, are not playing lovers. Awww.
The good thing is it’s English-subtitled! Yu Zheng trying to get on the good side of international fans?
Jing Tian as Ban Shu. She looks good.
I do NOT understand the excessive eye photoshopping in these pictures. Their eyes are beautiful, leave them alone!
Love this whole style on her.
Zhang Zhe Han. His character promises not to love anyone after his beloved (Viann Zhang) dies. Of course, promises are meant to be broken.
Can they be the next HIT couple?
Hey, you scholars! GET A ROOM.
Li Jia Hang. Funny – He plays Li Sheng’s brother. She’s the empress dowager.
Li Sheng. As the young Empress Dowager.
Fu Xin Bo likes our empress dowager. That’s an easy way to off one’s head. *gulp* He plays twins. An Imperial Guard and a scholar.
- The costumes this time around aren’t as colorful and bright as before. Quite mellow but I like it. What changed, Yumama?
- Ban Shu’s rival in class is played by Sophie Zhang (1997). She was in Romance of the Condor Heroes as Guo Xiang.
- Okay, I admit, that “Wei Lang, Wei Lang, Wei Lang!!!” scene is mad cute. Love that she went for a kiss just like that. I like her character already based on the trailer, she’s no weakling. But stories like this tends to exaggerate everything the heroine does to make it more dramatic and “phenomenal”. Then I roll my eyes.
- Li Sheng and Fu Xin Bo are also quite compatible together with their forbidden love story.
- The Legend of Ban Shu premieres in the latter half of the year.