What’s worst than a scorned woman? When you have three of them! And you’re the source of their break-up? DUN DUN DUN. I’ve always said sisterhood in dramas is rare (WHY?) so it’s nice we get to explore how these three women split up, reunite, and become the best of friends for the rest of their lives. I like the trailer. It is surprisingly tame, somewhat uplifting and sweet. Don’t watch the last five minutes unless you want to know the ending. Lol. These editors!
Synopsis translated by moi: Best friends during their teeny school years, the three ladies turned their backs on each other after finding out they have fallen for the same guy. Years later, they meet again, each (un)/successful on their own. Yuan Shan Shan‘s character is a famous actress, Ma Su‘s character drives a taxi to make a living, and Cherrie Ying‘s character is a beautiful, no-nonsense lawyer. No matter what stage they are in life, each distinct personality will have to deal with the hardships of dating, marriage, and motherhood.
The bright and optimistic Ma Su. I remember her appearance on Run, Brother. No wonder she’s close with Jerry Li Chen! They are paired up together.
Qiao Zhen Yu is the “perfect” male the three ladies fall for during their school days. He looks so freakin young here!
Lol. What a tough decision, Ma Su! So which one do you want to jump down with? Me? No one is worth my life! 😀
Yuan Shan Shan. She’s looking prettier here. She’s paired up with new face, Xiao Zhong Jiang. He’s the straight-laced, bespectacled fella in the trailer.
Last leg of the sisterhood is Cherrie Ying (Beauty’s Creator). While she has a calm appearance, she has gone through a divorce and now demands perfection in love and work. Yuan Hong is her OTP.
Yuan Hong. Ah, handsome!
The ladies together.
- Ha! Their first meeting years after baby school!
- It’s not dubbed? Or are they tricking me again once they premiere?
- My shallow side seeing the names of the actresses = Skeptical. Names of actors = Nice! Seeing the trailer = THIS LOOKS GOOD. Ma Su and Jerry are so cute together. Childhood friends become lovers. The best kind of love, isn’t it?
- City of Angels is the sequel to Angel is Coming released in 2013, which also starred leading lady Ma Su.
- Directed and written (with the help of a workshop team) by Yang Yang (female director who did Angel’s Heart in 2012), City of Angels hits the small screen on March 28th.