If there was ever an award for the most recognizable star of the tv and film industry, Andy would get it.
In the upcoming film, Lost and Love, Andy Lau strips himself of make-up, tailored suits, guns, and spy missions to play a simpleton. Based on a true story of a child abduction case back in 2010, Andy plays a farmer whose child is kidnapped at the tender age of two. This begins a moving and raw journey of 15 years to reunite Andy with his adult son, played by Boran Jing. It’s amazing how I didn’t know who this kid was last year, but now he’s standing beside one of the most beloved actors to come out of Hong Kong in the past few decades. Me thinks this kid is going to places. Keep an eye on him!
NOTE: More stills added 1.28.15
At the press conference:
Our Yang Guo has aged next to the youngin. 😉
Daddy pushes his son. Adorable.
How many can say that Andy Lau pushed their motor bike?
You still have it, Andy!
COULD THEY GET ANY CUTER?
If you’re using that motorcycle to search for Daddy, I might cry. T_T
This still already breaks my heart! I don’t think I can survive it.
- Writing and directing her first directorial debut is Peng San Yuan. Yay for new directors! She mostly works as a television screenwriter and her projects include The Forties Night (2011), You Are My Brother (2010), Halfway Couples (2005). She has a valuable consultant in Andy Lau, that’s for sure.
- It’s a nice change of role for Andy who started his fatherhood two years ago with the birth of his daughter. I’m excited to see how the actual experience will reflect in his acting. Parenthood is impossible to pull off unless one has gone through it.
- The talented Tony Leung Ka Fai also takes part in the film.
- If the theme sounds familiar, Vicki Zhao acted as a grieving mother in Dearest just last year.
- Lost and Love will hit theaters on March 20th, 2015.