Interesting. Interesting. Such an awkward casting news too, with both leading ladies, Chen Qiao En and Zheng Shuang, being good friends with fellow actor, Zhang Han. Will someone play RE-cupid? Joining the ladies are Jia Nai Liang and Tony Yang, with the latter recently wrapped up the film, I’m the Queen, alongside Chen Qiao En, which is scheduled for a release in (get this) November 7th! Which lucky birthday baby scores this one? (No, my date hasn’t come up yet…thisclose!) What a busy November month we have ahead of us!
Jia Nai Liang.
- Tentative title of the 40-episode drama is Destined to Love You. It is billed as an inspirational, youthful republican drama set in the years around the 1920s. The story revolves around the military academy and it looks like our female lead (CQE) is the instructor? Did I read it wrong? Because I find the idea very intriguing… Plus, the poster of the big breasted female…sorta confirms that? LOL.
I’ll try to translate the storyline and character description…. does anyone want to help? Baidu page here. I do hope Tony is the male lead! Love how the uniforms look above(read below.)
- UPDATED Synopsis Translated by Millie@AVV: Takes place in 1916. Protagonist is Qian Bao Bao (Chen Qiao En), a civilian. In order to earn money to help her sick mother, she became an instructor at Longcheng Military Academy under a stolen identity. The stolen identity is Zhang Han (Zheng Shuang)’s but she has already died from an accident while studying for her doctorate overseas. Originally, Qian Bao Bao only wanted to stay at the military academy until her mother no longer needs treatment but somehow, she became entangled in an inextricable love triangle. The two men making up this love triangle are Xiang Hao (Jia Nai Liang) and Chen Wen Tao (Tony Yang). Xiang Hao is passionately pursuing Bao Bao and Chen Wen Tao is Zhang Han’s fiance. In order to conceal her real identity, Bao Bao has to evade the growing feelings between her and Xiang Hao as well as dispel Chen Wen Tao’s suspicions and temptations. In the middle of all this, a major crisis emerges: turns out Zhang Han didn’t really die! Zhang Han’s return causes Qian Bao Bao to examine her conscience. (DO NOT TAKE OUT WITHOUT PROPER CREDIT.)
- Directing is Tsang Lai Chun (Loving Never Forgetting, Best Time, Too Late To Say I Love You) and writing lands to the highly regarded Tong Hua (Bu Bu Jing Xin, Sound of the Desert, Yun Zhong Ge, Best Time). So the two ladies have worked together before with the same production company. Uh, Lady Power FTW?
- Honestly, the name Tong Hua does not impress me as much as it used to. Along with The Cage of Love and Perfect Couple, Destined to Love You marks her third work directly with a TV project since 2013. For weibo users, you should be aware of the ongoing war between Tong Hua and Yumama, the latter also wanted to shoot a drama with a similar storyline. He who is known for lifting people’s works and incorporating them into his own mess. Riiiggggght. It was your idea!
- Destined to Love You begins filming in early October.