I gathered a list of previews for the upcoming dramas all in one post. Scroll down to be stunned by the pretty, action, fantasy, and time-travel. Why must they be released in August, a month before school starts?
Lucky me. Not so much for some of you guys.
And the name! I’m a genius. 😉
Arang and the Magistrate
- Shin Mina! This girl is going after the title of fantasy/supernatural lover isn’t she? Hey, I don’t mind, as long as she’s on my screen. Just two roles. No need to fret.
- First time watching Lee Jun Ki onscreen. How are we going to see post-army abs in his ancient garbs? Maybe he goes fishing as a hobby?
- Synopsis: Set in the Joseon Dynasty period, a female ghost (Shin Min-A), who was murdered, appears in front of a government official (Lee Joon-Gi) and pleads for the man to punish her murderer. The government official then attempts to appease her wishes. [From Wiki]
- One action drama a year for Lee Min Ho. He’s aiming for the badass title in both modern and saguek genre. The long legs help. And face.
- Kim Hee Sun. Oh. I don’t know what to think about this chemistry. *Cross fingers*
- To be honest, other than Lee Min Ho, the other guy that captures my eyes is the white-haired flute player. Guess who? He’s your favorite man, Sung Hoon, from last year’s New Tales of Gisaeng.
- Synopsis: A modern day doctor is kidnapped by a time-traveled Goryeo warrior to cure his princess.
Vampire Prosecutor 2
- Oh Hey there, Mr. Vampire aka Yun Jung Hoon, spotting thicker eyeliner this school year. Did he get sponsorship from any make-up brand? 😛
- Lee Young Ah finally gets to sport a longer hairstyle, showing her toned legs in a short dress to romance the already smitten Vampire?
- And of course, having one vampire around is not fun. The writer added a rival to up the tension in Season 2. The question is….Who?
To The Beautiful You
- I’ll be honest here: I’m not fond of the cast. Have never watched any of the released versions.
- Synopsis: Kang Tae-Joon (Minho) is a gold medalist in the high jump, but he has been mired in a slump due to an injury. In order to help her idol Kang Tae-Joon, a girl named Koo Jae-Hee (Sulli) disguises herself as a boy and transfers to his all male high school. [From: Wiki]
- Seriously, what’s with Asian writers and their infatuation with cross-dressing female themes? I’m not impressed. I want a cross-dressed MALE spurring hijinks in the girl’s dorms. THEN we’ll talk.
Haeundae Lovers has yet to release a teaser but my eyes are on it too.