|Pic credit Google.|
So what did you guys do on Thanksgiving Day other than carrying around a grateful heart and eating with the people you love? Well, for me, I spent the first 6 hours at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut! Not gambling, but attending The Big Four’s Concert. I’m dirt poor and the ticket cost a whopping $98!
After this concert, my love for Chinese Music has been revived. Please help this dear friend out and recommend me some songs. I like sentimental songs, you know the classical ones from the early 1980s.
From my friends, I learned that this concert had the same format as their Malaysia’s stage, so if you went there, this is nothing new (maybe slight difference?). It’s funny because I’m not Chinese – so naturally, I went just to see Dicky. My Chinese friends laughed at this but I’m too excited to care! (One of them adores Dicky!).
The only English phrases that I heard was when the three guys were teasing Dicky and he asked, “Who are you guys talking about?” They answered, “Who ELSE?”
First initial response, the background music was loud, my ears were still booming as an after effect. I didn’t get to record all the performances due to the low memory space (darn it!) on my camera but I managed to get at least a minute of the ones I enjoyed. heehee!
Beginning Clip: Song: Big Four
– After the intro song, they talked for a bit but don’t ask me to translate, I don’t understand. haha XD
Second Part: Back to the 80’s!
– I think this is the most hilarious part of this concert as each of them sang their winning song back in the early/late 1980s. Dicky doesn’t have hair now so he put on a wig…Edmond did too! After Dicky finished his song, the three came out again and teased him for not doing the somersault! Eventually, he gave in and did it. Go Dicky! Go Dicky! I worried a bit since he’s 45 now and did look tired compared to the other three guys.
William So & Dicky Cheung’s Solo Parts:
– You see my initial impression of their vocals was in this order: Andy > Dicky > William > Edmond because I knew and have heard both of Andy’s and Dicky’s voices…Andy was in a Tvb drama with Myolie and I loved the theme song, Mr. & Mrs. Pig. But after this concert, I have a change of heart… =P
And don’t laugh at my (already suppressed) fangirl scream at 0:32!! I tried my best already guys….not to scream while recording is hard! Especially when William signaled the girl to pass him her camera and took the picture for her!! Aww! 😉
More Solo Songs:
-You know what? I’m so proud of my Chinese Music Knowledge, I actually know some of the songs they sang! Some of them I didn’t know the singer….but now I do. My favorites are William’s “Kiss More, Sad More” (from the previous clip) & “Men Should Not Make Women Cry”, Edmond’s “Lingering Game”, “Seven Friends” and “Have Hurt Three Hearts”, Dicky’s “Who Do You Love Me As”…
– I’m a little upset because when Edmond had his piano out, PEOPLE just stood in my view.. T_T I wanted to get Prince Charming playing the piano! SIT YOUR BUTTS down folks!!
– The suit Dicky wore that night made him look shorter! What’s with that big ROSE stuck to his shoulder? A big No-no. Andy Hui’s horns are laugh-inducing. William’s overall image was a bit flashy to me. You know who had the best suits all night long? Edmond Leung.
One more point I would like to make: Through this concert, I’ve warmed up to William and Edmond. William’s costumes and sexy vibe might not be my taste, but I like his overall friendliness. He was always interacting with the fans and I appreciate that effort. And Edmond, he was Prince Charming throughout the concert….
– They also showed us some videos of them together…In one of the videos, Dicky farted on Edmond! (see 2nd picture). The other embarrassing scene is of William in the shower! Hohoho! Don’t worry, nothing inappropriate was shown…We only saw a horrified William grabbing for a towel (4th picture)…haha XD
– I didn’t manage to get the Encore Performance where they all dressed in shiny, metal-like outfits, however, I have some pictures! When they left the stage, we all screamed, “Encore! Encore! Encore!”
Overall Impression? Maybe it was the song choice but Andy didn’t strike me as the best singer of the four as I thought. He’s handsome though. =P My new list for best vocals: Edmond > William = Andy > Dicky. Who had the most interaction with fans? William So. Most entertaining? Dicky!
…. And I enjoyed the concert! I’m so looking forward to the next one! I read that Jacky Cheung, my all time favorite HK singer, is going to have a concert at Las Vegas early next year! I’m crossing my finger for him to visit the east coast – at least New York!! I swear nothing exciting happens around Boston! =(
What I learned? If you want to wholeheartedly enjoy any concerts, don’t spend too much time recording the performances (pick the best one …but heck which one?!). My arms were throbbing having to raise the camera for long periods. Moreover, you can’t really scream like a true fangirl…. Next time, I will bring a tripod! 😉