♦♦♦PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK THE IMAGES!! Credit this blog if taken out!! thanks!♦♦♦
I’m not sure why I haven’t finished “You’re Beautiful” yet considering that I zipped through 10 episodes of “Miss Shanghai Sweetheart” in two days. I lack the motivation to continue… Sigh. I hate this feeling…Therefore, this post is probably going to be my last recap of this drama. Unfortunately…
I’m up to Episode 12 and I must confess, I’m annoyed at the character Go Mi Nyu. I cringe at her low self-esteem and lovesick over Tae Kyung. I would’ve enjoyed the drama/plot more if the writers didn’t make Mi Nyu out to be so pathetic/a walking-accident-zone if you like. I’m fine with her innocence knowing that she grew up in a Nunnery…but it’s getting burdensome. Feel free to disagree because we all have our own opinions. As long as you respect mine and I respect yours, we’re good! =)
Episode 9 is probably my favorite episode. Lots of cute moments between the four, before the dramatic lovesick period moves in.
Ah, I loved the tenderness of this scene when Mi Nyu hugs Tae Kyung lightly as a gift for his birthday.
-Tae Kyung: *touched and is trying to keep his composure says, “Go Mi Nam, don’t speak informally…”
-Mi Nyu: *to herself* “Mother Superior, the tender compassion you showed me on my birthday, I want to give it all to this person…”
– Now, are you ready to make some decisions!? I love the 3-part-decisions Mi Nyu has to make in this episode among them 3…haha it does bring the level of jealousy up a notch and of course we viewers are excited to see the results…
– HAHA at the guys curious expressions anticipating for Mi Nam’s decision over the pog she likes best! She chooses shy-smile Shin Woo! Jeremy rubs it in further when he insists his pog is also cute and deserves second place! Tae Kyung shakes his head at the girl’s taste. Since his pog is #1 best-selling, it should naturally be #1 too…
– Lucky UEE (THE KISS!), she has been garnering a lot of solo projects including playing the second female lead in “You’re Beautiful”. Like Yoona from SNSD, UEE is the face of After School (a girl group). Although I prefer Ga-In’s talent but that’s another story.
– Yoo He Yi isn’t everyone’s favorite because she plays a typical female character who resents the female lead. I don’t know why but Korean writers love to make their second female leads all unlikable and scheming aka Kim So Yeon’s character in “All About Eve” and many more. While the second male leads always get the supportive, gentle role (as seen in many dramas already…). I won’t lie but UEE’s glare gives me chills due to her perfect round eyes. If only He Yi isn’t demanding and arrogant, she would’ve been a lovable character.
– Since Mi Nam was soaked wet last night, she naturally becomes sick which leads us to the SECOND ROUND!! Which drink would you pick? Warm TEA? Neutral WATER? or Sweet JUICE?
– Mi Nam wants something WARM! Shin Woo is in heaven for the second time….
– Here comes the FINAL ROUND? WHICH COLOR do you like? Popular GREEN? Manly BLACK? or Fruity YELLOW? Again, Mi Nam picks Shin Woo’s black outfit but the situation is different from the other two rounds. We should expect Shin Woo to smile like the first two times – you know that gentle, approving smile? Not this time since Mi Nam said, “Because I’m a guy, I like Black the most…” She takes on her role as a man to LIKE black…not as a woman who likes black. Shin Woo clearly reads between the line hence that light nod without a smile.
– Well, I guess my journey with “You’re Beautiful” ends here/until I have the motivation to finish. I know that many fans are agonizing/missing the lovely cast but I do not want a second season…it screams DRAGGY! Let’s leave “You’re Beautiful” as a memory we all enjoyed and not squeeze every ounce of entertainment out of it. Cheers!